Monday, June 24, 2013

Ambernath vs Thane - A Different Perspective...!!

My parents used to stay at Ambernath for a while. Our house was quite close to the station. It took 5 to 7 mins by auto-rikshaw to reach our place. I used to make frequent business trips to Mumbai. I travel almost daily to CST from Ambernath.

It takes about 7 minutes to reach the station from my place. There is a fast train from Ambernath to CST every 10 to 15 minutes - either from Ambernath itself, or Badlapur, or Karjat. It takes exactly 1 hour 15 minutes to reach CST. So, the total travel time (including waiting time) comes to around 1 hour 30 minutes.

At times, I also used to stay with my uncles at Manpada, Thane. The traffic in Thane is extremely high and it takes at least 30 to 40 minutes to reach Thane station from my uncle's place. From Thane, even if I catch a fast train to CST, it takes 45 minutes to reach there. Again, the total travel time comes to around 1 hour 30 minutes.

So, which is closer? Virtually, both are the same when it comes to travel time.
Ok, how about this...??? 
It is a nightmare to board a fast train from Thane station because it is crowded like hell. Of course, there are trains starting from Thane, but they are mostly slow trains and it takes almost an hour to reach CST.

It is easier to board a train from Ambernath because it is less crowded (compared to Thane) and in fact, I even manage to get a seat when I board a train from Ambernath.
What about when you are coming back from CST? I think it is easier to get down at Ambernath than at Thane.
And, reaching home from the station? It takes just five minutes from Ambernath to reach my home, where as it takes the same 40 minutes to reach my uncle's place from Thane station.
Thane is 30 kms from CST where as Ambernath is 60 kms from CST. But, Ambernath gives me more comfort in commuting to office.
Find this perspective valid & interesting? 
Please share your views and comments.

Cheers...!!